Selena Gomez may be just shy off her mid twenties, but the Kill Em With Kindness singer has already ticked off some rather impressive #lifegoals.
The Disney actress turned popstar famously dated Justin Bieber, is a regular fixture in Taylor Swift’s elusive girl squad and there is a TV series based around her life currently in production. She has the highest social media presence – even beating the selfie-kween Kardashian sisters- with the most Instagram followers. Ever.
1) She actually does run her own social media accounts.
‘I love the connection I have with my fans because it’s authentic. Some of my fans have been with me since the day I started on Disney when I was 14.’
‘You know when you can just put your favorite TV show on in the background and it just makes you feel safe in a weird way?’ We feel ya Sel.
3) Selena’s favourite part of a pizza is the crust.
4) She has suffered from a disease called Lupus.
It is an autoimmune disease that attacks your tissues and organs, leaving you tired, depressed and achy.
5) Selena often eats lemons. Whole.
But promises she’s not bitter IRL.
6) That’s not all – she also often drinks olive oil.
She says it helps protect her voice.
7) She grew up in a ‘rough neighbourhood’ in Los Angeles while she was trying to make it as an actress.
‘We couldn’t leave at times. It was scary,’ she said. ‘I think there’s a lot of stuff my mom doesn’t tell me out of the kindness of her heart, because she’s been through so much in her life.’
8) When she was seven years old she appeared on the TV show Barney and Friends.
She threw a strop when she had to wear a feather boa.
9) That’s where she became pals with Demi Lovato.
They both bonded over colouring crayons in the audition line.
10) Her first k!!ss was when she was 12.
It was on Disney Show ‘The Suite Life of Zac and Cody,’ with Dylan Sprouse.
11) She turned down a role in High School Musical 3.
She said she wanted to pursue more ‘serious roles’.
12) Selena starred in Another Cinderella Story.
She took the role of Mary, who is based on Cinderella.
13) Selena used to wear a purity ring that said ‘true love waits’.
It disappeared from her finger once she started dating Justin Bieber.
14) She met Justin Bieber when she was 16.
His manager called her mum, who is also her manager.
15) She prefers chilling at home to going out.
‘I love being at home […] gosh, I’m so boring!’