Deepika Padukone, one name that is not just popular in Bollywood but has also taken the Hollywood by storm. One of the dusky beauties of Bollywood, who started her career in 2007, is amongst the most popular actresses of today. Everyone wants to know more about Deepika Padukone so we provide 17 Interesting Facts about Deepika Padukone.
So, here’s a post that will give you a sneak peek into 17 Unknown Facts about Deepika Padukone:
1) Deepika Padukone was born in Copenhagen, Denmark on 5th January, 1986.
2) She learned Jujutsu, a Japanese martial art form for the movie Chandni Chowk to China, and performed her stunts herself.
3) Deepika was a national level badminton player before she entered Bollywood.
4) Deepika was about to make her Bollywood debut with the Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya. But, later Sonam Kapoor was taken on board.
5) Deepika had the acting genes in her right from her birth, as she is related to the legendary filmmaker of the yester years, Guru Dutt. The real name of Guru Dutt was Vasanth Padukone.
6) The younger sister of Deepika, Anisha Padukone is a golf champion.
7) Deepika is not a spontaneous friend. She takes time to become friends and trust a person.
8) Deepika is one of the top actresses today, but she has never worked with Salman Khan.
9) The first break that Deepika got, was given by famous singer and music composer Himesh Reshamiya, in his music album “Naam Hai Tera”
10) Deepika is the only actress in Bollywood who gave back to back four hits with collections over 100 crores each. It started with “Race 2”, then, “Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani”, “Chennai Express” and “Goliyon ki Raasleela – Ram Leela”.
11) Deepika who mesmerized everyone with her performance in Chennai Express, was not the first choice for the film.
12) An Indian Edition of People’s Magazine named Deepika as the “India’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 2012.
13) Deepika was the first choice for Yash Raj’s movies “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” and Dhoom 3.
14) Deepika loves the clothes designed by the fashion brand “ZARA” and one can see her sporting this brand’s outfits several times.
15) In 2005, Deepika debuted as a model in the Lakme Fashion Week and she won the title of “Model Of The Year” in this event.
16) Deepika gained the attention of people first time when she was spotted as the model for Lyril Orange TV commercial.
17) Deepika learned acting from Anupam Kher’s school and dance from “Shiamak Davar”.