Eva Green is a French actress and model. Let’s see some interesting facts and trivia about her!
1.Eva Green was born in Paris, France, two minutes earlier than her sororal twin sister, Joy (Johanne).
2. She is the daughter of Marlène Jobert, an actress, and Walter Green, a dentist.
3. Her father Walter has acted in film, appearing in Robert Bresson’s film Au Hasard Balthazar.
4. Her father is of Swedish and French descent, and through him she is the great-granddaughter of the French composer Paul Le Flem.
5. Her mother, a native of French Algeria, later moved to Metropolitan France.
6. Eva Green is Jewish as is her mother (of Sephardi Jewish heritage)
7. However, she was not raised religious at all she has said “I feel like a citizen of the world. Life and cinema don’t have borders.
8. Eva Green has described her family as “bourgeois”, and has said that her sister is very different from her.
9. Eva Green is a natural dark blonde.
10. She has dyed her hair black since she was 15 years old.
11. The French-Swedish actress Marika Green is her aunt.
12. The 1980s pop-star Elsa Lunghini is her first cousin, through their mothers
13. Eva Green attended the American University of Paris, an English-speaking institution.
14. She also spent time between Ramsgate, London and Ireland growing up.
15. Eva Green was quiet in school and developed an interest in Egyptology when she visited the Louvre at age seven.
16. At age 14, after seeing Isabelle Adjani in The Story of Adele H., Green decided to become an actress.
17. Her mother initially feared that an acting career would be too much for her sensitive daughter, but later came to support young Eva’s ambitions.
18. Eva Green continued her studies at St. Paul Drama School in Paris and took an acting course at Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
19. Around this time, Green returned to Paris, where she performed in several plays.
20. Eva Green stated that in drama school, “I always picked the really evil roles. It’s a great way to deal with your everyday emotions.
21. Eva Green appeared on stage in Jalousie en Trois Fax (2001) for which she was nominated for a Molière Award.
22. She also appeared in Turcaret (2002).
23. In 2002, Green had her film debut, when director Bernardo Bertolucci cast her for the role of Isabelle in The Dreamers (2003), which involved her in extensive full frontal nude scenes and graphic sex scenes.
24. Eva Green told The Guardian that her agent and her parents begged her not to take the role, concerned that the film would cause her career to “have the same destiny as Maria Schneider” because of Schneider’s traumatic experience during the filming of Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris.
25. Eva Green said that with Bertolucci’s guidance she felt comfortable during the filming of the nude and sex scenes but was embarrassed when her family saw the film.
26. Her performance was well-received, and some compared her to Liv Tyler.
27. Eva Green expressed surprise when a minute was cut from the film for the American market, stating, “There is so much violence, both on the streets and on the screen. They think nothing of it. Yet I think they are frightened by sex”.
28. Her next film was Arsène Lupin (2004), in which she portrayed Lupin’s love interest.
29. She enjoyed the light-hearted role, although she has stated that she generally prefers more complex characters.
30. Her performance in The Dreamers led Ridley Scott to cast Green in Kingdom of Heaven (2005), a film about the Crusades where she played Sibylla of Jerusalem.
31. Eva Green performed six screen tests and was hired only a week before principal photography began.
32. Eva Green found the atmosphere of coming onto a film so late tense and exciting, and she liked the film’s ambiguity in approaching its subject matter.
33. To her disappointment, much of her screen time was cut.
34. Stephanie Zacharek of Salon.com praised her performance: “She doesn’t quite know what to do with her character’s stilted dialogue, but she carries herself so regally that you barely notice.
35. Green was considered for roles in The Constant Gardener (a role that went to Rachel Weisz) and The Black Dahlia.
36. She was cast at the last minute for the role of Vesper Lyndin the James Bond film Casino Royale (2006).
37. Eva Green portrayed the witch Serafina Pekkala in the 2007 film adaptation of The Golden Compass.
38. She found it difficult being flown on a harness because of her fear of heights, which led her to refuse to reshoot a scene on her last day of filming.
39. She was considered for the role eventually played by Cécile de France in Un Secret (2007).
40. Additionally, she was initially approached for the female lead in Lars von Trier’s controversial film Antichrist (2009).
41. According to Trier, Green was positive about appearing in the film, but her agents refused to allow her. The unsuccessful casting attempt took two months of the film’s pre-production process. Anglo-French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg was subsequently cast in the role.
42. Eva Green later told she got along well with Trier, “but then we started talking about nudity and sex and so on. It got a bit too far … It was my dream to work with him, but it’s a shame it was on that film that it nearly happened. I’m sure I would have been trashed doing that film.
43. In addition to her acting career, Green did endorsements for Montblanc, Breil, Emporio Armani, Lancôme, Heineken and Christian Dior’s “Midnight Poison” perfume, in an advert directed by Wong Kar-wai.
44. In 2007, Green was voted the sixth sexiest movie star of all-time by Empire magazine.
45. Empire also listed her character Vesper Lynd as the ninth sexiest female character in cinema history.
46. In 2011, Los Angeles Times Magazine listed Green at No. 18 for their 50 most beautiful women in film.
47. In April 2012, Shalom Life ranked her Number 2 on its list of “the 50 most talented, intelligent, funny, and gorgeous Jewish women in the world”.
48. Eva Green considers herself nerdy: “When people first meet me, they find me very cold.. I keep myself at a distance, and I think that’s why I’m so drawn to acting. It allows me to wear a mask”
49. She lives alone and, by her own account, leads a low-key life when she’s not working.
50. When asked in an interview what people would be surprised to find out about her, she responded “I guess people would be surprised to find out that I am a bit of a homebody. I do not like clubbing or going to wild parties. After a day of shooting, I love to come home and relax by the fire with a glass of wine and a good book. Boring, huh”